Havahart® Basic Remote Trainer Extra Collar Receiver
The Havahart® Basic Remote Trainer Extra Collar Receiver works only with the Havahart® Basic Remote Trainer.
The Havahart® Basic Remote Trainer corrects dog misbehavior such as jumping, barking, digging and chewing. It is helpful for teaching basic commands such as sit, stay and come and is capable of training up to two dogs.
Unlike many remote trainer options, the Havahart Remote Trainer can operate two collars, training two dogs at the same time. This is accomplished by toggling the Dog Selector switch on the hand held-control unit. Additionally, each collar can be set to its own static correction level, allowing you flexibility for the temperament of each dog.
With no dials to adjust, the hand-held remote provides an instant digital read-out that tells you which collar is in operation and the set correction level for that collar.
When you press the Correction button on the remote, a static stimulus is sent to the receiver collar, worn by your dog, and a correction is delivered via the collar receiver probes. If you wish to use tone only to control behavior, simply press the Warning button. Your dog will hear an audible tone instead of receiving stimulation and will begin to associate the tone to the misbehavior.
The transmitter has 5 levels of static correction and a warning tone button. The bad tone button allows the owner the option of using an audible tone without the use of stimulus to train the dog.
As a safety feature, the unit automatically shuts off if a button is pressed for 10 seconds, and correction is stopped.
All Havahart® products have been thoroughly tested for safety and effectiveness. To protect your dog and yourself, please observe the following precautions:
- Never leave the collar on your dog for more than 12 hours at one time. Pressure Necrosis is caused by extended pressure of the probes on the dog's skin, along with oil and direct that may accumulate on the probes. This can cause severe irritation of the dog's skin.
- Check dogs daily for skin irritation and do not use the collar if the skin is irritated.
- Only use the Havahart® Remote Trainer on healthy dogs, ages 6 months and older. Consult your veterinarian before using the collar if your dog has health problems.
- Check collar fit each time you place collar on your dog – the collar must be fitted properly to work effectively. If the collar probes are not making complete contact with the dog's skin, the trainer will not work to its full effectiveness.
- Always use the lowest stimulation possible to train your dog.