Radial Wireless Dog Fence Boundary Tips
Placement of your Controller
- The controller must be mounted inside the home on an exterior wall nearest the center of your desired circular containment areas.
- The controller should be located 3 feet away from and 3 feet above the signal limiting items listed HERE for the Interior and Exterior of your home in order to minimize the factors that can cause attenuation.
- In some cases, placing the controller on a window might solve issues you might have with objects in the home causing attenuation by creating a direct line of sight to the problem area (the controller can see directly to the problem area).
- Make sure the controller is located within 6 feet of a 120V AC outlet. This leaves enough room for the power cord.
- The controller must be installed indoors as they cannot be exposed to moisture (ie. rain or snow).
Obstacles that May Cause Severe Attenuation
In order to ensure a successful set up, please look for the following objects in your home and on your property prior to set up:
Interior of the home: Mirrors, microwaves, and home appliances.
Exterior of the home: Aluminum siding, metal down spouting, electrical power meters, air conditioning units, metal garage doors, and stucco walls
Property layout: Large bushes, trees, extensive landscaping, above-ground pools, sheds and metal screened porches.
Once you have identified the following items, you can start planning your controller and fence boundary locations.
The Radial-Shape2 Wireless Dog Fence is not for Every Property
Although we would like to say that the Radial-Shape Havahart® Wireless Dog Fence will work on every property type or home construction, we unfortunately cannot.
Even with our superior patented technology, there are instances when the successful operation of any wireless dog fence will be very limited and not meet your needs. Because your satisfaction is important to us, we want to make sure you are aware of these circumstances prior to making a purchase.
Note: In some cases the obstacles on your property such as a heavily wooded lot or extensive landscaping might be so dense that the system will not provide you with a wireless dog fence boundary shape that satisfies your needs. In these particular cases, we would recommend our Underground Dog Fence, the Fence Free Pet Containment System
Training your Dog
Once your fence boundary has been set, training your dog is key to achieving your ultimate goal. Each dog learns differently. You will need to determine the appropriate speed for training and the collar correction level needed based on the size and temperament of your dog.
- We recommend this system be used on dogs over 6 months old weighing over 8 pounds.
- Make sure the collar fits your dog appropriately. The collar fits dogs with neck sizes from 14 – 26 inches. Both short and long probes are included to help you provide a good fit.
- Begin training on the tone-only setting (default setting). You can adjust the correction level as necessary.
- Our training guidelines in the Instruction Manual encourage a full 12 – 15 days of training with your dog to ensure success.
Tips for the Wireless Collar & Batteries
- It takes less than 3 hours to charge a battery.
- Always have an extra battery charged and ready to use.
- Make sure your dog is safely within the roaming area when placing the collar on your dog.
- Always remove the collar from your dog before adjusting any of the system components or settings.
- Make sure the collar fits snugly but not tightly, high on your dog’s neck with the probes facing upward and centered under your dog’s chin.
- It is highly recommended to take the collar off your dog when entering the home.
- To help prevent skin irritation and increase battery life, it is recommended that you never leave the collar on your dog for more than 12 consecutive hours at a time.
Havahart® Wireless Dog Fences - groundbreaking technology that translates into the most advanced and reliable wireless dog fences in the industry.