- Researchers at Virginia Commonwealth University concluded that employees who brought their dogs to work had decreased stress levels and a more positive work experience.Increased Productivity
- Virginia Commonwealth University researches also concluded that bringing a dog to work increases employe productivity level due to decreased stress.Reduced Absenteeism
- Stress is a major driver to absenteeism and reducing stress by having the dog in the workplace could lower stress and ultimately decrease absenteeism.
Increased Employee Interaction
- Another employee have the same dog breed as you? Or are they walking around with a brand new puppy? These types of scenarios allow employees who might not have interacted without the animal’s presence to have conversation.
Promotes Healthier Habits
- Having their dog at work forces the employee to take the dog for a walk and get fresh air.
- Rebecca Johnson, director of the Research Center for Human-Animal Interaction at the University of Missouri’s College of Veterinary Medicine says, even if it’s just a short walk during a 15-minute break: “The dogs need it, and the humans need it even more,” she said
Want a list of Dog Friendly employers?? View this database from DogFriendly.com