Your dog loves treats, and you love giving them to him — but what’s with all those strange-sounding ingredients on the label? Are they preservatives or even possibly harmful?
You can eliminate the worry of unknown ingredients and make your own dog treats with ingredients you have right in your cabinet. Best of all, they’ll be delicious and healthy. Plus, they’re affordable and easy to make. What could be better?
Peanut Butter Bones
Two Dog Press shared a recipe for peanut butter bones that are perfect for spoiled dogs just like yours.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup rye flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in water.
3. Heat the potatoes, milk, molasses, stock and peanut butter together in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil while stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let stand until … Read Entire Post